Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

The Rainy Season

Posted by owsleybeck on 10/5/2007 at 10:09

I am traveling to Thailand this May (16th-27th. I will be staying in around Ko Phi Phi/Ko Lanta...My friends picked this time of year to travel South east Asia (I suppose becuase it is cheaper but I don't believe they had any idea that it was the wet season. They are flyng in from Canada and I will be flying to Thailand from Shanghai (where I live) I am well aware that This time of year is the wet season or Rainy season or Typhoon season. In Shanghai we get lots of rain (in short bursts usually) and lots of hot muggy sun. But since I have never been to Thailand (in the Phuket) area at this time of year I am not familar with the weather...What is it like? Will my trip be ruined with a constant torrent of rain and wind? should I bring anything with me to help me prepare for the worst. I would be most grateful for any advice or info on this situation.

#1 owsleybeck has been a member since 1/5/2007. Posts: 9

Posted by owsleybeck on 10/5/2007 at 10:10

ha ha sorry Hot Muggy days not muggy sun....

#2 owsleybeck has been a member since 1/5/2007. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.