Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

thailand to singapore

Posted by daniellegee on 20/10/2012 at 04:45

me and my brother will be attending the january full moon party which is the 26th...but we have flights booked from singapore to australia on the 6th february...this only leaves us 10/11 days to get from koh phagnan to singapore...is this enough time and which options of transport do we have? i would rather travel on land rather than get a domestic flight if possible

any advise appreciated :)

#1 daniellegee has been a member since 22/9/2012. Posts: 15

Posted by idreamofdurian on 20/10/2012 at 06:01 TF writer

10/11 days is plenty of time to get from the islands to Singapore. You can even stop and enjoy a few places along the way.

To go via train/bus, the main transport hubs along the way are: Surat Thani --> Hat Yai --> Butterworth (to go to Penang, Malaysia) ---> Kuala Lumpur --> Singapore

If you want to maximize your island time in Thailand, there are cheap flights from Krabi and Hat Yai to Singapore with Tiger Airways. Often as low as $50 USD one-way. And the price of a one-way flight is comparable to travel expenses going overland.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.