Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in Phuket Thailand?

Posted by RickWarren on 29/10/2012 at 11:11

Hi all,

Please recommend me a good beach hotel in Phuket. I prefer to stay in a little quite beach rather than Patong. I stayed in Patong before but it is too tourist to me. I will visit Thailand on January 2013.

Thanks in advance,

#1 RickWarren has been a member since 9/1/2012. Posts: 21

Posted by tezza on 31/10/2012 at 17:44

Um, difficult without knowing your budget. But here's a few I know of:

NAI YANG BEACH RESORT - nice lower midrange on a quietish beach very close to the airport. Has good deals on the accommodation booking sites.
NAITHONBURI - next beach south (Naithon) with a free airport pick up. Probably a step up in quality but deals are usually still available.
BENJAMIN RESORT - on Kamala beach about mid-way down the west coast. One of those not too busy/not too quiet beaches. Flashpacker/low low midrange. No pool but absolute beachfront. Kamala has lots of more upmarket places - check the booking sites' user reviews.
KATA POOLSIDE - I've always thought Kata was the nicest of the big 3 beaches. POOLSIDE is a short distance in from the north end of Kata Yai which is probably that beach's most attractive section with a bunch of inexpensive restaurant/bars on the near side of the headland and adjacent okay snorkelling if conditions are smooth (which they normally are in high season). POOLSIDE is a good lower midrange hotel.
CAPE PANWA HOTEL - across on the less visited east coast with its own little beach. Hotel block rooms are midrange - but you can go upmarket to very flash pool cabanas.
CORAL ISLAND RESORT - on an offshore island very close to Phuket . Nice midrange joint on a quieter section of an attractive busy daytrip beach with a quieter beach 10 minutes walk away. Could be a bit of a hassle access wise directly off the aircraft.
If access isn't a worry you could also check the booking sites for places on Ko Raya/Racha a bit further out. This island has a range of accommodation from budget thru to high end - the latter is THE RACHA which is on a drop dead gorgeous beach - gets crowded with daytrippers 1000 thru 1500 but very laid back otherwise. Quieter beaches within 10 minutes walk. I think THE RACHA'S speedboat will pick incoming guests up at any time of day.

Thing is, Phuket has thousands of okay hotels. When I want a new place, I first select the beach and then check the booking sites, Trip Adviser and resources like TRAVELFISH for information. Which is probably exactly what you are doing.

Finally, if I can ever afford to stay higher mid-range (not over the top) I'm going to try KATATHANI on Kata Noi, which is even nicer and decidedly quieter than POOLSIDE'S Kata Yai. Caveat - KATATHANI now has an inland wing on the eastern side of the beach road which wouldn't be as attractive as the absolute beachfront wing.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.