Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

BKK - KO TAO

Posted by RACHYPF on 2/11/2012 at 18:02

Hey can anyone recommend a good company to travel to Ko Tao with from BKK?

#1 RACHYPF has been a member since 13/11/2009. Posts: 42

Posted by tezza on 2/11/2012 at 18:45

Many people reckon the over night train to Chumpon and then the first ferry out of one of the nearby piers is the go - there are travel agents near the station who will arrange ferry tickets and transfers to the piers.

Others go to Bangkok's southern bus terminal and jump a bus to Chumpon - not so good on account Chumpon's bus station is some way out of town and transport into town was pretty poor last time I passed by. And the southern bus station is some way from where travellers stay in Bangkok.

Private bus companies out of the Khao San Road area have a bad rep - except for Lompayah which runs both overnight and day buses direct to their pier near Chumpon to meet their fast catamaran service. Google the website. I have done their cat and transfers into Chumpon several times although not the full run to/from Bangkok, but I have seen several posts praising the latter.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by RiniRabbit on 5/11/2012 at 22:10

Go with Lompayah company
http://www.lomprayah.com/

#3 RiniRabbit has been a member since 31/7/2012. Posts: 78

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.