Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Toys in Bangkok

Posted by canucksinasia on 14/5/2007 at 09:14

We're returning to Bangkok for a few days before flying back to Canada and I'm wondering if anyone would have any idea where I can buy cool toys for my little brothers. They're both really into Manga and Japanimation and all things associated therewith. I've seen some toys in the little stalls at MBK, but am sure that there must be something more impressive out there, and geared for slightly older kids, (or adult nerds ;)...

Thanks!

#1 canucksinasia has been a member since 13/2/2007. Posts: 15
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/5/2007 at 12:09 admin

Hmm, tricky -- my first suggestion would have been MBK. Another option (perhaps) would be Siam Paragon which is pretty high end and may have some stores with the kind of gear you're after -- wouldn't be cheap though.

Also around Sukhumvit Soi 33 there's a handful of Japanese forcussed stores -- one at Phrom Phong BTS for example which cater specifically to Japanese expats in Bangkok -- you could ask for any suggestions there.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 15/5/2007 at 18:00

Central - World Trade (Near Gaysorn) One end is a department store and there are some toys in there.

I would of said MBK aswell tho. Down the far end near MK is a great toy store! (MK oppisite end to pizza and other restaurants)

Maybe the new Plantinum centre? More a cloths shop but there might be some toys amongst them.

Big C???

Goodluck!
Ant.

#3 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.