Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Help getting tickets from ayutthaya/Bangkok to chiang Mai

Posted by GhostOfTomJoad on 7/11/2012 at 03:56

I haven't booked the night train to chiang Mai yet as I didn't know when I was going to be leaving. However, now I know I want to go on the 11th November I have been on and I am unable to select any 1st or 2nd class sleepers for that date or any dates in the next several weeks.

Does this mean all the trains are booked and that I won't be able to get a ticket from the station or is it a limitation of the website?

I have tried but haven't got a response from my inquiry yet.

I am due to leave ayutthaya on the 11th, I have just started travelling and this is the first main thing I am trying to sort out so I'm still learning! What are the chances of me getting a ticket at the train station in ayutthaya if get there tomorrow? I have heard on other threads on here that people have got tickets a few days in advance, so it seems odd that thairailticket doesn't have any for the next several weeks.

#1 GhostOfTomJoad has been a member since 23/8/2012. Posts: 13

Posted by Nokka on 7/11/2012 at 04:54

I always use the link on the Man in Seat 61 website for booking seats online. Always worked well for me - not sure if that's the same website you are trying, though.

#2 Nokka has been a member since 6/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 259
 Send Nokka a private message 

Posted by Twerto on 8/11/2012 at 02:53

You could look at getting a bus from Ayutthaya to Phitsanulok then change from there to Chang Mai

#3 Twerto has been a member since 20/11/2011. Posts: 37
 Send Twerto a private message 

Posted by Eigilchr on 9/11/2012 at 08:59

Have you tried to sign up?

I think it will help you.

#4 Eigilchr has been a member since 9/11/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.