Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand and Malaysia April 2013

Posted by chrisf88 on 9/11/2012 at 00:34

hello,

my and friend and i will be travelling around Thailand and Malaysia in april and may and are looking out for people to travel with and have a laugh.

Our rough plan at this moment in time is,

Arrive in Bangkok April the 9th and spent 3 nights there
head to phuket for seven nights, visit a few islands etc,
head to Phi Phi for a couple of days then back to Phuket,
head to Phanagn for the full moon party on the 25th of april, still unsure whether we plan to go straigh to phanagn and soak up the atmos before hand or stay in samui and boat it over and back for the full moon, if we decide the first option then we will be in samui for a few days after anyway.
head back to bangkok for a couple of days and find out what the khoa san road has to offer
get the train from bangkok and stop in penang, kuala lupur and finally singapore.

anybody who has roughly the same kind of plans give us a shout or even any advice or pointers would be great

cheers
Chris

#1 chrisf88 has been a member since 9/11/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by captainbkk on 10/11/2012 at 02:20

did you realise-I guess not-that around 14/4 is Songkran here-the ''watersplashing'' new year fun? ALL bus/train FROM BKK is booked solid-incl many extra's the days just before. Youre unable to keep it dry.
seems like bektrek some 6/700 kms_ Phuket and those isles are halfway along the railline toward My/Penang.

#2 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by Rita_Z on 13/2/2013 at 15:15

Hi there, I arrive in Bangkok on 19th April and was thinking about going to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. If you change your plans & are still around then, maybe we can meet up?

#3 Rita_Z has been a member since 31/8/2011. Posts: 29
 Send Rita_Z a private message 

Posted by Hiroyama on 14/2/2013 at 15:43

I'm arriving in Bangkok the same time, spending the first day or two there and heading over the Chiang Mai. It's Songkran and I think may be the only chance I'll get to experience that kind of craziness. If you end up there maybe we can meet up.

#4 Hiroyama has been a member since 28/1/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.