Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand - Malaysia 2013 Itinerary Help

Posted by wheretonext on 10/11/2012 at 23:22

Hello all! Novice traveler here going to Bangkok departing from Cebu, my home town, Jan 27 and then making my way down south of Thailand, catching a train to Malaysia, leaving from Kuala Lumpur , Feb 9. Would love to hear some suggestions, tips, safety precautions and all that jazz.

Here is my draft itinerary that is totally flexible:
Jan 27 - Arrive 4 pm in Bangkok, Thinking of maybe going Chatuchak market (what are its opening times?), then go to MBK then maybe hit up Khao San Road or Soi Cowboy? I want to shop around for stuff this day.
Jan 28 - Going to attempt to see all of these attractions in the following order: Wat Ratchabophit, Wat Ratchaphradit, Wat Pho, Grand Palace, National Museum, Royal Barge Museum, Wat Rakhang, Wat Arun, Wat Kalayanimit, Pak Khlong/ Phahurat Market, Dinner in chinatown
Jan 29 - Wat Traimit then head to Dusit prefecture, Erawan Shrine and then maybe afternoon trip to Kanchanaburi
Jan 30 - Day trip to Ayyuthaya, Take 8pm VIP bus from Bangkok South terminal to Phang Nga (Any other transport options to phang nga? Do I need to book in advance for bus tickets?)
Jan 31 - Feb 3 - Do stuff in Phang Nga bay (Any suggestions? Where to stay? What to do? Things to see other than the floating village and james bond island?) Also I have no idea where to stay in Phang Nga, Any suggestions? The cheaper the better!
Feb 3 - Feb 4 - Still sorting out how to get out of Phang Nga and make my way to Penang, Malaysia (Any suggestions? Any other place I got to see before I leave southern thailand?)
Feb 5 - Feb 7 - By now I should be in Penang, seeing and doing stuff, leave at night to KL
Feb 7 - Feb 9 - What to do in Kuala Lumpur for these 2 remaining days? I leave at 8.55pm from KL then back to Cebu

Need you guys to refine and help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

#1 wheretonext has been a member since 10/11/2012. Location: Philippines. Posts: 23
 Send wheretonext a private message 

Posted by altmtl on 11/11/2012 at 16:47

Too much in too little time. Just my opinion.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by wheretonext on 11/11/2012 at 20:16

Yeah I know but its all the time I've got. :( Just gotta make the most out of it.

#3 wheretonext has been a member since 10/11/2012. Location: Philippines. Posts: 23
 Send wheretonext a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.