Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travelling in Isaan

Posted by purpletoupee on 26/11/2012 at 21:20

My friend and I will be taking a one month journey through Isaan this January. We will (hopefully) be doing recordings of local musicians, nightclub performances and radio broadcasts. We'll be hitting:

Khorat
Roi Et
Mukdahan
Khemmerat
Amnat Charoen
Ubon Ratchathani
Surin

Any recommendations of other Isaan towns to check out for good music? Any other advice for Isaan travelling?
Thanks so much!

#1 purpletoupee has been a member since 14/11/2012. Posts: 4
 Send purpletoupee a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 27/11/2012 at 03:38

In Mukdahan Norees is a must see and I would recommend you also go to The Picking Cowboy and check out Howard doing "Killing the Blues". Nobody, not Robert Plant or Chris Issak - nobody can touch him on this song. Drop me a line here on travelfish and I can steer you around.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by purpletoupee on 18/12/2012 at 19:05

Thanks madmac! I'll be sure to let you know when we arrive.
Another question: do you know when the Mukdahan Tribal Festival is happening this year?

#3 purpletoupee has been a member since 14/11/2012. Posts: 4
 Send purpletoupee a private message 

Posted by MADMAC on 19/12/2012 at 09:44

I've never even heard of the Mukdahan Tribal Festival, but that sort of thing doesn't interest me much. Let me ask around.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.