Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

book ahead?

Posted by upstateNYlauren on 29/11/2012 at 09:15

hello travelers!,
my partner & i will be travelling in se asia from dec. 12, 2012 to january 6, 2013. although we have destinations picked out, we've also been excited to keep things open and not plan every part of the way. however, should we be booking guesthouses for this time period since it's a busy travel time of year? we'll be travelling from my brother's in singapore to malaysia (haven't figured out the stop here - any suggestions?!) to ko lipe... then from there we're keeping it open... perhaps on to more islands, up to bangkok to catch a flight to laos, or up to chang mai...
do y'all think we should book or we'll be able to find budget places to stay without?
thanks so much,

#1 upstateNYlauren has been a member since 29/11/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by exacto on 29/11/2012 at 13:54

hi lauren,

typically i won't book accommodation in advance unless i am arriving late at night, want to stay in a particular place, or think things might be booked up due to a holiday or event. so, for the majority of your trip, you should be fine just turning up and won't need to book ahead - particularly if you aren't too fussy about accommodation. but over the new year holiday, which includes a few days before and after january 1st, depending on where you will be you may want to book ahead for both your accommodation and transportation, just to be sure. another option is to arrive where you want to be a few days early and settle in for the new year. i hope that helps. have a great trip.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.