Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trang Night Market

Posted by Chicagojosh85 on 1/12/2012 at 22:42

Does anyone know how late the night market runs in Trang? How late does the city stay "active and lively"? Will there be anything to do arriving at 10pm?

#1 Chicagojosh85 has been a member since 3/11/2012. Posts: 11

Posted by DLuek on 2/12/2012 at 02:56 TF writer

It depends a lot on what day of the week you're there. If a Friday or Saturday night then things stay fairly lively around the train station and there's a second night market that sets up there, also live bands perform in that area every Friday night. The main night market by city hall will be winding down by 11:00. There should be a handful of restaurants near the train station that are geared more to travelers and those should be going strong on a weekend but maybe closing up shop by 22:00 on a weekday. There are a couple of bars scattered around, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot to be going on in general.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by altmtl on 2/12/2012 at 03:00

Do you think Trang would be a good place to spend Chinese new year? I'll be in the area anyway.

#3 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 995
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by DLuek on 2/12/2012 at 06:40 TF writer

Probably wouldn't be a bad place for it. Lots of ethnic Chinese in Trang. I imagine Hat Yai would be more festive. But those are just guesses really.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.