Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Non Immigrant Visa

Posted by rees86 on 14/12/2012 at 06:14


I was just wondering if anyone on here knew how long a non immigrant visa is valid for? I'm a British passport holder and basically looking for a visa to cover me for as long as possible whilst I do my pro dive courses.


#1 rees86 has been a member since 14/12/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by goonistik on 14/12/2012 at 22:32

The answers to your questions can be found here.

Surfing the net shows it might be possible to get an education visa so you can complete your diving course. The dive school might be able to help you.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by captainbkk on 15/12/2012 at 01:56

you had better first look if you qualify at all for non-I. Thaivisa-the word says it, is the best forum on all those matters.
Most people order 1/2/3 entry tourist visa -each valid for 60 days, and do those borderruns in between-or buy an extra 30 days each time. Do the math yourself what is the cheapest option. As about any divesite is way south, Malaysia is enough close by.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by DLuek on 15/12/2012 at 10:07 TF writer

Yeah as Goonistik says you should be able to get a non-imm. education visa - ask the dive school to help... They'll need to write a letter and sign off on some other paperwork. Normally an Ed. visa is good for one year but you have to report to immigration once every three months.

As cptbkk says you could get by with tourist visas but those are good for only 2 months (with extension possible for 30 days each time but that requires a trip to immigration). You could also get a double entry tourist visa but would still need to leave the country, although that might be easier depending on where you'll be located as you could just pop over to Burma for an hour out of Ranong, or to Langkawi via Lipe. It gets to be a real pain (and expensive) if you need to get a new tourist visa every two to three months. And unless you fly back in you only get 15 days visa free so that pretty much kills the old monthly border run possibility.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,305
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.