Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hotel deals, Bangkok

Posted by sayadian on 21/12/2012 at 08:18

I've just had an e-mail from Travelpack a UK company offering deals on hotels between 29th May-3rd June. Anybody who is going to be in Bangkok then maybe interested. Rooms are for £5-6. Be. Interested if anybody takes up the offer let us know.
One of the hotels is four star.

#1 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by Xircal on 25/12/2012 at 05:31

I'd take Thai star ratings with a pinch of salt if I were you. Hotels employ all sorts of underhand tactics to attract visitor like "boutique hotel" to refer to a backpackers hostel, "resort" where the only swimming pool is the puddle of rainwater outside the front door and stuff like that. As for £5 or £6 for a 4 star hotel, forget it. Bangkok hotels are the most expensive in the country and even a decent 1 star will set you back at least twice that.

As for Travelpack, the Whois for their site describes them as a "leisure and marketing company" which would imply that the emphasis is on time-share deals.

#2 Xircal has been a member since 24/12/2012. Posts: 95
 Send Xircal a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.