Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Long term accommodation on Koh Tao

Posted by Oceandreamadean on 23/12/2012 at 14:35

I'm looking for some long term accommodation (3-4 months)on Koh Tao starting from the 2nd January 2013 with a max. budget of 10,000 Baht a month. I would like something near Chalok Bay preferably. I require it to have 1 bedroom, small living area, bathroom with hot water/shower & a small kitchen area. I also wish for the utility bills to be included within the monthly rent. Any help or leads would be much appreciated.

#1 Oceandreamadean has been a member since 23/12/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by sirhalberd on 24/12/2012 at 21:45

Make sure your visa will allow you to stay for the time you need.

January 2 is still high season.

#2 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by Xircal on 25/12/2012 at 05:16

Check out this Wikitravel guide:

But as sirhalberd mentioned, you'll need a visa if you want to stay more than 30 days. To get one, Google for "Thai tourist visa" and then download the tourist application form. Take that along with your passport which needs to have at least six months validity left and two recent passport size photos to any Thai Consulate or Thai Embassy. A 60 day tourist visa costs about $40. You can extend that at any Thai Immigration office by another 30 days for an additional 1900 Baht. Arrange to apply for the extension at least a week prior to when it's due to expire. Don't wait until the last day because if the office is closed for some reason or other, you'll have to leave the country the same day, or risk becoming an overstayer. If that happens, you'll be fined 500 Baht a day for every day that you remain in the country illegally up to three months. If you remain in the country for more than three months after your visa expires, you go to jail and will remain there until you pay the appropriate fine.

You don't want to get into this kind of situation though because any overstay will be recorded in the immigration system database and that may influence permission to enter the country again at a later date.

#3 Xircal has been a member since 24/12/2012. Posts: 95
 Send Xircal a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.