Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

shipping from SEA to canada. where do you go to have things shipped by sea? who pays the duties?

Posted by holydinahorben on 30/12/2012 at 14:53

i have heard that shipping by sea is the cheapest. also the slowest, but im okay with that.
im wondering where do i go to have things shipped by sea? do i just go to the local post office and select shipping by sea? or... how does this work?

is there a better shipping home option? id mostly be shipping clothes and little nicknacks, nothing overly big or heavy

if duties do need to be payed, who pays them? me when i ship them, or who ever picks them up?

#1 holydinahorben has been a member since 29/8/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 7
 Send holydinahorben a private message 

Posted by altmtl on 30/12/2012 at 16:42

Just go to the post office, write souvenirs, gifts, choose by SEA, it takes about 2 months, you will get a tracking number. I've never paid duty on any package I've sent and some have been as much as 11 kilos. But it would be the person who picks them up if you are charged.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 996
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Xircal on 2/1/2013 at 07:52

Might be worth your while checking to see if there are import restrictions on the stuff you want to send: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/legislation-eng.html

#3 Xircal has been a member since 24/12/2012. Posts: 95
 Send Xircal a private message 

Posted by holydinahorben on 4/1/2013 at 19:52

thank you for both responses, they did help

#4 holydinahorben has been a member since 29/8/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 7
 Send holydinahorben a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.