Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ayuthaya for honeymoon?

Posted by mic59 on 4/1/2013 at 23:58

My niece will be marrying this year and has asked me about Ayuthaya for her honeymoon. I have been to Thailand and all I know about Ayuthaya is what I have read from others. They will be having about a week, would Ayuthaya be the kind of place for a honeymoon? Is there much to do there? Neither of them are that much into the kind of honeymoon where you sit on a beach or go to a resort but is there enough there to take up a week?

#1 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/1/2013 at 01:48 admin

Ayutthaya wouldn't be my first choice for a honeymoon destination and a week there is a very long time in my opinion. Sukhothai further north might be a better choice as they could do a day trip out to Si Satchanalai or even Phitsanulok if they wished.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 5/1/2013 at 10:45

As much as I love Ayutthaya, I agree with Somtam that there isn't enough there to keep you busy for a week. It is more of one or two night stopover destination. Sukhothai seems like a better option to me too, because the place is a bit more charming, and because of the side trips to Phitsanulok and Si Satchanalai that Somtam has already mentioned above. I'd even add Kamphaeng Phet to that mix for the laid-back lifestyle, good night market, and live music options.

From where will they be travelling for their honeymoon and what types of things do they enjoy? Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,657
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by mic59 on 5/1/2013 at 14:48

Thanks for those comments, I'll pass that on. This was pretty much what I read in "Lonely Planet" but I have always found this board a much better source of information.

#4 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by thaibeachlovers on 7/1/2013 at 23:02

I would certainly never recommend Ayutthaya for a honey moon.
Chiang Mai or Kanchanaburi would be better options if they don't want a beach.

#5 thaibeachlovers has been a member since 25/5/2006. Posts: 38

Posted by Wilsonl3 on 3/4/2013 at 20:44

Honey moon planning for 2 weeks oct 2013-nov2013
Interested in

Krabi
Ko samui
Ko pha ngan
Ko Tao
Ko phi phi
Ko Chang and ko pipe for diving
Phuket

Any suggestions travelling from Sydney australia

#6 Wilsonl3 has been a member since 3/4/2013. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.