Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chaing Mai June

Posted by jan1 on 5/1/2013 at 07:42

Planning to go to Chaing Mai in June , due to travel plans this is the only time I can go last week of May 1st week of June, Planning on doing the Mae Hong Song loop
What is the weather like in the month of June is it so hot that you can't walk for 2 hrs at mid day or is it comfortable because of it being so North
Hoping to be out and about for most of the day ?
Was in Sapa last year around the same time and it was perfect in Sapa but in Hanoi it was unbearable hot during the day and in Tam Coc I had to stay indoors between 11 am and 4 pm it was so hot even with an umbrella
and Iam from the UK but have been living in UAE so I should be used to the heat
Has anyone been up North at this time of the year, that can give me some idea of just how hot it might be
Thanks Jan

#1 jan1 has been a member since 20/4/2004. Posts: 15
 Where has jan1 been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/1/2013 at 10:57

Either hot-hot if it's sunny, or warm-wet if it's raining, or in between if it's just overcast which is common in June. No way of predicting how much rain/sun/cloud per day so just carry a small umbrella which also works as a sun shade. Daytime temps usually mid-30C but rain/cloud can cool it down while direct sun could be low-40C.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.