Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

3 Month Stay in Thailand based in one city

Posted by GarnetandGold on 9/1/2013 at 22:01

Hi all,

I'm new to TravelFish, this is my first post, but all of the threads I've read so far have been helpful and immensely encouraging. A friend of mine and his girl friend may be moving to Thailand for three months or so while she does a residency there. I've been invited along and I am excited but I've never done a trip that didn't include a travel company or all inclusive resorts so I'm a little lost. I have mostly sorted out what I need to do for visas, flights, etc. but I still have a ton of questions. (The exact city isn't set yet but it won't be Bangkok)

1) Is it possible to rent a 2+ bedroom apartment/house for a reasonable price and for only three months? If not, what would you recommend?

2) Can I buy a phone for local use and use internet cafes when needed or should I bring my phone and laptop?

3) How do I go about getting to my money while I'm there, can I withdraw it, should I have it sent to me periodically, or will I need to bring it with me and keep it safe?

Sorry if the questions are odd but I'm new at this so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

#1 GarnetandGold has been a member since 9/1/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by MADMAC on 10/1/2013 at 03:33

The answers to one and two are yes.

And yes, you can use a bank card and withdraw your money from home. Check with your bank first.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.