Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai/ Chiang Rai Smog

Posted by 2Peas on 12/1/2013 at 14:54

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience of being in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai around the middle of February or is out there right now?

Me and my girlfriend land in Bangkok on 12th February and planned to spend 4 days here before heading north, getting to Chiang Mai around the 17th but i've been reading a lot about smog in this region due to slash n burn and it seems to be getting worse year on year and I know last year was awful!

Just was wondering what the situation is like at the moment and if you think it would render a visit to this area a bad idea? Neither of us suffer from any respiratory problems. Chiang Mai seems to have a lot to see so it would be a shame if this would spoil it in someway?

Also, is a visit to Chiang Rai worth it for a few days?

#1 2Peas has been a member since 10/11/2012. Posts: 11
 Send 2Peas a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/1/2013 at 23:36 admin

At the moment it is crystal clear - or at least was in Pai according to a friend in Pai a few days back. There is another thread on this here.

Yes, Chiang Rai is worth a couple of days.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.