Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai Rail Eticket

Posted by bartos on 14/1/2013 at 11:23

hi,

I went on the site for Thai train e tickets today and this message was displayed

Announcement

” Please be informed that The State Railway of Thailand has decided not to continue the Internet Ticketing service from January 14, 2013.

Credits will be refunded to the members credit/debit cards

Has anybody else noticed this?
As far as I can tell the tickets I already have booked will still be valid as it only mentions refunding account credits to peoples cards.
I have 2 trains booked mid Feb that I have e tickets for, and I am still able to view the bookings in my account.

Does anyone have any more info on this and can anyone confirm my tickets are still valid?

#1 bartos has been a member since 14/1/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by altmtl on 14/1/2013 at 12:48

That really sucks :(

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by BrumbyJack on 16/1/2013 at 05:47

Wow!!! I booked a ticket last week... I need to check this out [img]smileys/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: I just logged in and it says tickets purchase before 14th January can be used... so I'm lucky!!!

#3 BrumbyJack has been a member since 7/10/2012. Posts: 19

Posted by bartos on 16/1/2013 at 06:15

I emailed them asking if tickets bought before the 14th were still valid and got this reply;

1. Yes, This is confirm.
you can print out the ticket for travel .
2. Sorry, That we unanswerable.
Thank you.

question 2, by the way, was if they would be starting the system up again at any point in the near future.

Should be ok to travel though on tickets i already have thankfully.

#4 bartos has been a member since 14/1/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/1/2013 at 02:05 admin

Just published a post on this issue. In summary, online booking with State Railways in Thailand is no longer possible, but there are alternatives.

Hope of help to some :)

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by bartos on 18/1/2013 at 03:54

i have just read the article thanks :)

Does this mean that the only options for buying train tickets is thailandtrainticket.com or to go to the station in person?

Last time i was there i went into a tourist info next to my hotel off KSR and they made a phone call and booked the tickets for me. Will this still be the same as they appeared to be calling the train station (or thats what i assumed) so they didnt go through an internet booking system.

Thanks

#6 bartos has been a member since 14/1/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/1/2013 at 04:22 admin

Yes seems through the above mentioned mob or going to a travel agent who will send someone to the station to buy the ticket for you -- or just go your self ... it ain't far ;-)

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.