Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

less commercial and good weather in june: kanchanaburi and ch am ... or what am i missing?

Posted by traceyincapetown on 17/1/2013 at 08:26

Hi guys
Want to travel to Thai again this year and can really only go end of may, june, jul, aug for 2 weeks.
Have done the main-veins twice before and not in the mood for the bar scene .
I'd like the beach for a week and a Kanchanaburi -style for a week.
Am I overlooking any other destinations? Really need to have as minimal rain impact as possible as the kid and i like to be outdoors and i would like to have some sun on my skin.
I have checked out the weather map and tried to do some research on rainfall but some of it is historic and not possibly not applicable anymore. Trying to find a location where, even if there is going to be some rain, it must come and go and be back to hot sunny weather. Dont mind rain for an hour a day.
Have so far opted for Kanchanaburi as i have been there 2 years ago and loved it .. and Cha-Am seems to be a nice beach option. Both are within easy reach (hopefully by a negotiable taxi) of BKK as i am travelling with a kid and dont want to spend days getting anywhere and on/off/waiting etc.
Can anybody recommend any better destinations based on the above, and is there going to be any difference in whether we travel in May or June (weather, pricing etc)?
THANX all :)

#1 traceyincapetown has been a member since 11/1/2011. Posts: 2
 Send traceyincapetown a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/1/2013 at 19:13 admin

Agree with Kanchanaburi -- and a great destination with kids as there is so much to do. On the beach front, Cha-am is ok and yes is close to Bangkok -- but have you considered Ko Samet? Yes it is more heavily touristed but the beaches are far better than Cha-am and again, more activitis for kids.

Also weather in June in Thailand is covered here.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,709
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tatspaghetti on 17/1/2013 at 23:59

Cha-am sucks compared to Thung Wua Laen!

I'm in Kan now and looks like we are in for one hell of a scorching summer this year. Again!

#3 tatspaghetti has been a member since 28/9/2012. Posts: 12
 Send tatspaghetti a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.