Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thail Islands mid june 2013- solo traveller

Posted by travellingpoul on 22/1/2013 at 11:47

Hello travellers :)

I'm looking into going to Thailand this summer. I will most likely fly in to Koh Samui from Cambodia around 16-17 june. Wanna go to the Rythm&Sands and the Jungle Experience which sould be around that time.

Have been looking on Agoda for accomodation on Koh Phangan, since I'd like to go to Ko Tao afterwards.
Can anyone recommend accomodation max. 20-40$/night, not a crazy hostel, but a place with a good atmosphere and easy to meet other travellers. Possibly on both islands :)
Hostels are welcome, but it looks like most of them cater to the Full Moon Party

Maybe it's more viable to stay on Samui and take a boat for the parties?

How long is the boat ride from Ko Tao back to Samui if I decide to fly to Phuket?

All in all I will have 2-3 weeks to visit the Islands.

Tnx in advance :)

Poul

#1 travellingpoul has been a member since 10/1/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by stoneman on 23/1/2013 at 04:47

Accom. reviews on tripadvisor may assist you. travelblogs.com may be helpful also.

#2 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100
 Send stoneman a private message 

Posted by tezza on 24/1/2013 at 03:01

Bamboo Hut on Had Yuan which is a lovely beach one north of Had Rin should fit your asks. Check travelfish's reviews of the joint. Plenty of longtails will be going to and from on Party Night.
Walk over the northern headland to Had Thain (east coast one), more laid back Yuan, where Beam Bungalow is located - maybe one of the best value bungalows I've stayed in. Or if you want to stay with the New-Agers, try The Sanctuary where there is actually a dorm for low cost travellers.
Over the next healand path is Had Wai Nam which has to rate as one of the most laid back beaches in Thailand. Only one place there, Wai Nam Hut, which like the others should meet your price asks - even around party time when places tend to get expensive.

Tao to Samui by ferry should be abt 2.5-3 hours. Speedboats run and will be quicker, albeit dearer.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by travellingpoul on 29/1/2013 at 10:52

Thnx for the help and info :)

#4 travellingpoul has been a member since 10/1/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by destidations on 14/2/2013 at 02:02

Jungle Experience is a great part. But last time I went there it was raining lol

Let me put some additional info about speed boat, from koh samui to koh phangan it takes 30 mins approx. :)

Ps. Don't forget to visit north area. There are many beautiful beach. Personally I love staying up north and go to south to enjoy party

#5 destidations has been a member since 7/2/2013. Posts: 5
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.