Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Dolphins- Oasis Sea World

Posted by murwill16 on 3/6/2007 at 15:10

Has anyone been to this park recently and/or swum with the dolphins? Thanks

#1 murwill16 has been a member since 2/1/2005. Posts: 19

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/6/2007 at 19:39 admin

Hi Murwill16,
I've not been there recently -- was years ago when we passed through that place. At the time you were not permitted to swim with the dolphins.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 4/6/2007 at 23:52

Where abouts is it? You can swim with dolphins at the sanctuary of truth near Pattaya if that heps at all.

#3 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by murwill16 on 5/6/2007 at 16:58

Thank you both. #3 it is at Laem Sing, ChanthaBuri Province. Its website claims visitors, for a price, can swim with dolphins, however it doesn't get too many mentions on travel fora and one I have seen mentions the poor quality of the water. Therefore before actually planning a visit we are seeking reliable information.

#4 murwill16 has been a member since 2/1/2005. Posts: 19

Posted by murwill16 on 5/6/2007 at 16:58

Thank you both. #3 it is at Laem Sing, ChanthaBuri Province. Its website claims visitors, for a price, can swim with dolphins, however it doesn't get too many mentions on travel fora and one I have seen mentions the poor quality of the water. Therefore before actually planning a visit we are seeking reliable information.

#5 murwill16 has been a member since 2/1/2005. Posts: 19

Posted by khunwilko on 11/6/2007 at 10:58

I've been to the "Temple of Truth" - Pattaya a couple of times and the dolphins are a rather shabby affair. the Temple itself is interesting. Cost (including the shameful exploitation of dolphins) is 500baht.

I'm told the Chantaburi place is better but I wonder what "better" means...Thailand's record on animal husbandry is abysmal. Money wins over welfare and scientific conservation every time

#6 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by napoleon on 13/8/2007 at 20:45

I live 3km from Oasis Sea World, on Laem sing beach. Guests at our resort always enjoy the swimming with dolphins. The dolphins are well looked after and seem very happy to entertain the crowd at the show, they are very intelligent creatures and you can see that they are loving every minute of it.
I have seen maybe 30 groups come through and stay at our resort, I can honestly say that no one has said any thing negative about the place. Many people come to Napoleon Village resort in Laem Sing Chanthaburi purely to swim with dolphins at Oasis sea world. It is true that the Dolphin center has little or no mention in Lonely planet or other guide books and travel sites, I think this is because not many people have come to see for them selves and are a bit sceptical about commercial animal centers in Thailand. But any way for the record I would recommend a visit to anybody who would like to swim with dolphins. Also I would like to mention that dolphins which were not bred at Oasis sea world were rescued dolphins who were accidently caught in fishing nets. Laem sing also has a very nice beach which is very peaceful and quiet, not many tourists here. There are boat trips to the near by islands as well as deep sea fishing and scuba diving. It is really the overlooked area of Thailand.

Related Links :
www. napoleonvillage.net
www.oasisseaworld.net
www.laemsing.com

#7 napoleon has been a member since 13/8/2007. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.