Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

funky monkey guesthouse

Posted by brody33 on 10/2/2013 at 15:08

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had ever stayed at a hostel in Chiang Mai called the Funky Monkey? It's the top pick on tripadvisor, but in researching I've found it's not mentioned anywhere on any other hostel review sites, travel forums, guidebooks etc, which seems really strange! Does anyone have any experience of the hostel and know if it's a good pick for a solo traveller?

Thanks very much, B x

#1 brody33 has been a member since 2/2/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/2/2013 at 09:14

http://www.funkymonkeyhouse.com
I haven't stayed there because I already live in Chiang Mai, but it looks good, very clean, and in a convenient location walking distance to most places of interest in the city but down a fairly quiet lane. However it looks as if the rooms are geared more toward couples and groups of 2-4 travelling together, or you just pay 400-600 to keep it to yourself. If you're on a low budget there are certainly many cheaper options in the old city.

See https://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/thailand/northern_thailand/chiang_mai/chiang_mai/all

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by stoneman on 15/2/2013 at 02:42

From what I have read they have only 3 rooms. Hence, less chance of someone posting a review on tripadvisor etc. I have read the few reviews on the net and intend to book my room in advance for when I visit in August/September. I assume you have checked out their website. But as Captain Bob states, there are many cheaper options, many reviewed on tripadvisor.

#3 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.