Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Visa - Limit?

Posted by SBKM on 28/2/2013 at 05:17

Hi all,

Are there a maximum number of tourist visas I can get for Thailand over the space of a calendar year?

I've already used a 30 day on arrival, and with my current plan we will be using a 15 day visa before heading off to Indonesia and then finally another 30 day visa just before making the journey home.

Will I encounter any issues with this?

Thanks!

#1 SBKM has been a member since 23/8/2012. Posts: 14

Posted by squarethecircle on 28/2/2013 at 05:38

If you're talking about 30 days or 15 days, I presume you mean the visa-free stamps you get on entry to the country. I take it you're currently planning to head back to Thailand on the 15 day visa-free stamp, then flying to/from Indonesia, and finally getting another 30-day stamp on arrival back in the Thailand airport?

If this is the case there should be no problem since it's obvious you're traveling.

#2 squarethecircle has been a member since 19/10/2011. Posts: 133

Posted by Captain_Bob on 28/2/2013 at 11:40

No limit on the number of re/entries to Thailand, either visa-exempt (30 days by air, 15 days by land) or with a Tourist Visa obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate (usually 60 days, extendable 30 days). Play by the rules and they will let you in, again and again. That is assuming your nationality is on the "friendly list" (Eurozone, North America, Aus/NZ/SA, etc.)

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.