Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Train/ferry ticket combo help

Posted by shaungt08 on 5/3/2013 at 11:54

I am travelling from Bangkok down to Koh Samui, Ko Pha Ngan & Ko Tao. Will I be able to buy my ferry/train ticket combo from Koh Tao to Bangkok via Chumphon from Hualamphong Station in Bangkok? Also do trains and ferries still have the same timetables all the way through the week or change at weekends?

#1 shaungt08 has been a member since 7/10/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 13
 Send shaungt08 a private message   Twitter 

Posted by busylizzy on 5/3/2013 at 14:00

I'd wait until you are in Koh Tao before booking your tickets back. Your plans may change, and that ensure that you have flexibility. It's easy enough to book in Koh Tao once you are there.

I can't recall the deal with timetables, etc - but you can find some info here from one of the main bus/ferry companies.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by captainbkk on 7/3/2013 at 02:01

yes you can buy at that station-provided there are train seats left, but it brings you nothing. You maybe save 1 or 2 bt by doing so-otherwise you have a far wider choice of buses awaiting you at the changeover point.
this is TH and not US/Eur, so its 365 days/year- only the delays next morning will vary-but these are not printed out!

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.