Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Help please - Tongsai Bay or Napasai resorts

Posted by ndecost1 on 14/6/2007 at 05:10

Thanks to those of you who responded to my recent forum.

We are deciding between Tongsai Bay Cottages resort in Choengmon beach OR Napasai (an Orient Express Hotel) on Ban Tia beach near Maenam.

We are totally stuck between the two. Any recommendations you have would be appreciated. This is for our honeymoon so we want the must luxurious place possible with a beautiful and clean beach. We don't care much for the nightlife - just a beautiful resort with great amenities.

I was referred to Sila Evason and while it looks great - it is out of our price range. We're willing to spend $400 US a night but probably not more than that. Thank you!!!

#1 ndecost1 has been a member since 12/6/2007. Posts: 14

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/6/2007 at 08:49 admin

Tongsai Bay is pretty old now and doesn't have the well polished finish that Napasai does, and between those two I'd go with Napasai.

Sila Evason is outrageously expensive -- when I visited, one of the "rooms" I saw was the presidential suite -- going for something like 70,000B a night -- incredible spread, but I have no idea who pays those kinda rates - presidents I guess!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by ndecost1 on 14/6/2007 at 20:46

Thanks somtam2000 for responding. So then you'd recommend staying in Napasai?

I don't know anything about Orient Express hotels, but I'm assuming the service will be good since they're supposed to be 5 star resorts. It's so hard to tell what hotels are luxurious on the websites. We're trying to splurge on our honeymoon but we don't want to pay the $500 rate for Sila Evason (and those are the cheapest rooms).

#3 ndecost1 has been a member since 12/6/2007. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.