Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Traveling from Malaysia to Thailand in 3.5 weeks???? HELP!

Posted by lorievans121 on 3/4/2013 at 06:28

Me and my friend have booked a flight to KL for mid july and we fly out of bangkok around the 4th of August.
However we have began to panic that we have tried to pack in to much into this time.
The itinerary as it stands now is as follows;
Day 1-2 KL
Day 3-5 Penang
Day 6-8 Surat Thani (Khao Sok)
Day 8 - 15 Ko Samui, Ko Phangan and Ko Tao
Day 16-18 Bangkok
Day 18 - 20 Kanchanaburi
and then the final few days in Bangkok

Is this to much, is it logistically possible and is there anywhere that we should devote more time to?

Would really appreciate some help!!!
Thanks

#1 lorievans121 has been a member since 3/4/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by lorievans121 on 3/4/2013 at 07:10

Just to add, I have read some of the other posts and I would be interested in visiting some areas that are not over run by tourists and are more off the beaten track.
If anyone has any advice for places that would be accessible from any of the places above, then I would love to experience a more traditional Thai surrounding.

#2 lorievans121 has been a member since 3/4/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 3/4/2013 at 09:51

Trang and Krabi. Why you would start in Malaysia and skip these 2 provinces I don't know. Lots of beautiful islands and far less tourists than Samui.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by exacto on 3/4/2013 at 20:09

Popular spots are popular for a reason, and they've usually got better infrastructure, transport, and food/accommodation choices. But they are more crowded and more expensive too. If you are looking for places with fewer tourists that are off the beaten track, then Trang and Krabi as mentioned above are excellent suggestions.

I've always thought Nakon Si Thammarat and Chumpon were good stops. Not too crowded, good infrastructure, and more traditionally Thai. You can make your way up the peninsula a little bit each day and have a wonderful time.

Have a look at the animated weather map to see what you can expect during your travel dates. The gulf side will likely be drier, but the weather on the Andaman Sea side shouldn't be wet enough to deter you. https://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

You might save a bit of time be heading straight to Kanchanaburi before you go to Bangkok, then leave whatever time you have for sights and shopping in the big city.

Have fun. Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.