Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Are there any cheap wooden (or bamboo) boongalows on Phuket?

Posted by zencooler on 7/4/2013 at 16:05

Hi friends.
I am budget traveller and few months ago bought a cheap flight ticket to Phuket . I will spend there two weeks.
I've been in Thailand two times, before and both times spent a great time in cheap boongalows near to the beach (first time on Koh Chang, second time on Koh Phayam).
Is there any similar possibilities on Phuket? I know this is crowded island with a lot of spa resorts etc.. but I am looking for simple wooden or bamboo boongalows for a low price.
Could you advice some solution, please? Is it possible on Phuket or I have to stay in some hotel (I would want to avoid this kind of places) :-)
Thanks in advance for help!

Regards for all Travelfish fans!

#1 zencooler has been a member since 29/11/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 7/4/2013 at 21:17

What's a boongalow? I know what a bungalow is but these other things sound cool :-)

Phuket isn't my cup of tea and I'd catch a ferry over to Krabi or Lanta. Lots of Boonies over at Lanta for budget prices.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/4/2013 at 22:10 admin

Far north of the island, Mai Khao Beach -- has a couple (or did last year) plus camping. Ya Nui on the south coast, near Rawai has bungalows, but they're mostly wooden -- you'll still be paying 600 baht or so...

Also, off the beach, Phuket Town has some excellent guesthouses and the food is also great -- and quite affordable -- certainly moreso than the beaches.

Cheers

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by zencooler on 8/4/2013 at 06:55

Hi.

Thanks for a tips. Especially for somtam2000 recommendations :-)
South cost proposal seems interesting (near to Rawai).
Two questions:
1. Is there a nice beach?
2. How to get - in easiest (and cheap) way - from the Phuket airport to Rawai?
I saw on some hotel ads there is a hotel transfer from the airport for 1000 THB, but I guess that there are other cheaper options?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#4 zencooler has been a member since 29/11/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/4/2013 at 17:49 admin

Ya Nui is a small, but nice beach. You can see a few pics of it in the left column on the main Ya Nui page.

From Phuket airport, you'd need to get the airport bus to Phuket Town (80 baht I think) then from Phuket town get one of the songthaews to Rawai or Nai Harn beach (around 30 baht). From there you'd need to get a motorbike taxi to Ya Nui - not sure on price -- maybe 100 baht?

Cheers

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.