Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand Honeymoon

Posted by allibali on 7/4/2013 at 22:26

Hey guys! My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon in Thailand in August for 18 days. We want to see/do a lot in that time so don't mind feeling a bit rushed as long as we do it all. We are adventurous and would love to do hiking, kayaking etc. but also want a few days in a private beach or pool villa. Our plan is to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Khoa Sok, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui. My questions are....

What are the best things to do in each of these places? How many days do I need in each?

What are pretty reasonable private pool villa type hotels to stay at? If it isn't on my list I am open to other places/suggestions

Is there any really cool not so touristy places I should go to instead?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

#1 allibali has been a member since 7/4/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 8/4/2013 at 07:37

"Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Khoa Sok, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui. My questions are....

What are the best things to do in each of these places? How many days do I need in each?"

I didn't like Chiang Rai. It's very small with not much to do.

Chiang mai - do a trek.

Bangkok - Wat Arun, grand palace, national museum, markets, food etc

Krabi has good kayaking trips to thalen bay and bor thor. I'd fly there rather than Samui. Samui is mega touristy and more expensive. Tao is a small divers island and also touristy.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by guava_girl on 8/4/2013 at 21:01

I agree to skip Samui, though don;t go to Krabi, as it will be monsoon season over there. The north coast of Koh Phangan is a good alternative. Thong Nai Pan Noi has a couple of 5-star hotels if you want to stay in luxury, while Thong Nai Pan Yai and Than Sadet offer more budget-friendly accomodations.

Not sure how nice Khao Sok will be in August due to weather but there will still be things to do, though be prepared to get wet.

#3 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.