Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Elephant Tower, Bangkok, Thailand

Posted by hainamflp on 24/4/2013 at 02:37

Posted from within Vietnam.

Elephant Tower, Bangkok, Thailand

4-1.jpeg

Height: 102 meters
Cost to build: NA
Completion date: 1997
Fast fact: The building contains a swimming pool.

If there’s one thing besides a smile that can represent Thai people, it's elephants.
From pretty much anywhere in this dusty district in northern Bangkok, you can catch a glimpse of this 102-meter-high jumbo building, with its eyes and tusks towering above a busy junction.
As well as highlighting the importance of elephants in Thai culture and history, the building also nods toward Thailand's coming-of-age, with high-tech offices, a shopping plaza and a floor of luxury residential suites.
This would never make a list of the most beautiful skyscrapers, but there's no denying Elephant Tower's place in local hearts. Plus, you just can’t keep your eyes off it

Read more :

READ MORE :
Top 20 most iconic of the country

#1 hainamflp has been a member since 24/4/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 24/4/2013 at 02:59

First time I saw this building I was at a McDonalds eating a burger when I noticed it - didn't notice an elephant buried in there though. Just thought it was a strange design, but kind of cool.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by wanderingwill on 24/4/2013 at 04:10

That looks so unusual! What a great idea for a building - practical, amusing and representative of the location! Where abouts is the swimming pool? It would be pretty cool to have an outdoor one on the roof!

#3 wanderingwill has been a member since 11/3/2013. Posts: 7

Posted by Captain_Bob on 24/4/2013 at 04:32

Congratulations on your ability to Copy and Paste from a another website to this forum!

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by MADMAC on 24/4/2013 at 11:04

Christ Bob, what's up with the negtive attitude? Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning or what?

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 24/4/2013 at 12:11

Doesn't look like a chang at all. Looks like an M with a bird face.

#6 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 24/4/2013 at 12:12

"Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning"
The pee would have more vitamins than the cornflakes LOL

#7 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by BuildingMyBento on 15/6/2013 at 23:18

I checked it out (it's on my blog)- part of it is office space, the other is a Best Western. Great security too, since no one cared that I was wandering around. Not that you'd necessarily stay there either- it's still a ways north from Chatuchak.

#8 BuildingMyBento has been a member since 15/5/2012. Location: United States. Posts: 4
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.