Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Volunteach Thailand

Posted by liatb on 2/5/2013 at 01:45

Hi-
I am planning on volunteering in Thailand for about 6 months Oct-March on the program 'Volunteach Thailand'. Has anyone ever volunteered through them that cares to share about their experience? Much appreciated, Liat.

#1 liatb has been a member since 2/5/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 2/5/2013 at 09:35

No and you're wasting your time really. If you want to help the locals go holiday and tip them. Most Thais couldn't give a stuff about learning English unless they really have to speak it.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by QWE on 3/5/2013 at 10:18

Hi, I don't know anything about that company. I'm personally no fan of volunteering you have to pay for, on this website you can find volunteering positions in Thailand and elsewhere that are, at least some of them, free. Im sure there are other sites like that out there.

http://omprakash.org/volunteer-abroad

#3 QWE has been a member since 26/4/2013. Posts: 25

Posted by ThaiStick on 7/5/2013 at 03:13

Teaching English as a volunteer is a scam. You're working long hours all week just to help the guy at the top get richer when you could be getting paid to do the work.

#4 ThaiStick has been a member since 17/4/2013. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.