Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Honeymoon in April

Posted by Huskybabe on 19/5/2013 at 10:49

Hi there!
Does anyone have any suggestions on Honeymooning in Thailand in April? We are looking for peace and quiet and being spoilt in low rise individual accommodation. The weather is very confusing on various sites, but having been to Maldives at the beginning of rainy season I'm assuming its the half hour torrential downpour then back to glorious sunshine afterwards??!! We would like SOME kind of local life with restaurants & bars etc around us to escape the hotel but not really party animals.
Any suggestions would be most welcome!!x

#1 Huskybabe has been a member since 19/5/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 19/5/2013 at 20:06

April is HOT DRY season. Have a look at Koh Chang, it fits your needs.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by Xircal on 20/5/2013 at 14:08

As Leonard suggested, Ko Chang is a good choice.

For comprehensive info, see:

#3 Xircal has been a member since 24/12/2012. Posts: 95
 Send Xircal a private message 

Posted by Huskybabe on 21/5/2013 at 01:41 to look!

#4 Huskybabe has been a member since 19/5/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by tezza on 21/5/2013 at 02:42

Wow, there are so many opportunities here.
I agree with the other guys - April is a good month. Ain't reallly the start of the wet season, more like the end of the dry season. Okay, you can get more rain than say February, but my experience is sunshine dominates.
I reckon any island can meet your asks of low rise/peace and quiet/restaurants and bars - what you haven't done is state your budget. Maybe if you say low end/flashpacker/lower mid range/mid range/high end I could recommend a place or three.

#5 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by bluekiwi on 25/5/2013 at 00:04

I do agree with all above comments, Another choice I suggest you to Koh Samui, it is a good destination to honeymoon and also has other beautiful island nearby like Koh Tao, Koh Nang Yuan and Ang Thong Marine National Park. You can choose one to go.

Have a good day :)

#6 bluekiwi has been a member since 24/5/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by Huskybabe on 25/5/2013 at 11:00

Hi there!
Thank you all so much for your advise. It will be our first trip to Thailand, so really am open to peoples recommendations. Our budget is £4,000 to include flights as well......
Thanks again everyone!

#7 Huskybabe has been a member since 19/5/2013. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.