Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Doi Inthanon, Mae Sariang and the rest ...

Posted by fondo on 22/5/2013 at 02:08

So, as they say they days, a three week window has suddenly opened to allow a visit to LOS. I'm planning to hire a car and use eight days of that time to drive out of Chiang Mai in a MHS loopish sort of fashion. This drive will happen early-mid June.

For some reason, I fancy clockwise, maybe because I'm staying in Hang Dong for a couple of days beforehand so I'm on the way already (I think).

CM to Mae Sariang via Doi Inthanon doesn't look like a problem in a day, but a night in Mae Chaem might be a nice lazy thing to do. If you've got any ideas about that, or info on accommodation etc feel free to share! Then again maybe I want to go Mae Chaem-Khun Yuam-MHS, any views on that drive and/or missing Mae Sariang?

Thanks for any input.

#1 fondo has been a member since 23/6/2006. Posts: 172
 Where has fondo been? 

Posted by wombatrois on 29/5/2013 at 20:35

Maybe Captain Bob can illuminate?

#2 wombatrois has been a member since 1/9/2007. Posts: 4

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 29/5/2013 at 21:28

Sorry can't really help. I've done Soppong and Pai but not the other side. Hope you enjoy it and post some pics later. I heard Mae Sariang was worth a stay.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by fondo on 30/5/2013 at 01:08

Thanks. I think I've figured out that Mae Sariang stays on the list - and is night one. MHS and Soppong to follow.

#4 fondo has been a member since 23/6/2006. Posts: 172
 Where has fondo been? 

Posted by EvaBuijs on 30/5/2013 at 01:48

Mae Sariang is very nice and relaxing. Enjoying a beer and a beautiful fresh snakehead fish at the riverside while watching the sunset is very memorable! I have done the Mae Hong Son loop twice via Doi Inthanon and Mae Sariang: just fabulous, so enjoy!

#5 EvaBuijs has been a member since 30/5/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by bluekiwi on 21/6/2013 at 23:56

I suggest you visit Ang Ka Luang which located near the peak of Doi Inthanon. Ang Ka Luang is one of beautiful destinations in Chiang Mai that you should visit, you will impress and fascinate with a real nature there.

#6 bluekiwi has been a member since 24/5/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.