Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Getting from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap.

Posted by Arikara1985 on 22/5/2013 at 23:18

Ok, so the whole visa thing got me worried a bit because I am going for 35 days. I was thinking of trying to get a cheap flight to Cambodia for that part (I'll come back with 15 days left in my trip). I was hoping to get something cheap and that would save me the most amount of time. Was hoping I could get to Siem Reap from Chiang Mai.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

#1 Arikara1985 has been a member since 14/2/2013. Posts: 32

Posted by Captain_Bob on 23/5/2013 at 09:55

You would have to connect flights in Bangkok. Flights to Siem Reap from Thailand are not cheap. Bangkok Air is extortionately expensive, and Cambodia Angkor Air from Bangkok to Siem Reap costs at least 3285 baht one way ("Super Promotion" web fare with tax, etc.)

If you have a return air ticket from Thailand 35 days later I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most airlines just want to see proof that you're leaving. If pressed explain your side-trip to Cambodia (or Laos, etc)

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by Arikara1985 on 23/5/2013 at 21:16

Alright, thanks. Had just been told by a couple people that it could be a problem so was hoping to avoid it altogether.

#3 Arikara1985 has been a member since 14/2/2013. Posts: 32

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.