Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Which CELTA course is the best to take in Thailand?

Posted by Travelguy76 on 5/6/2013 at 13:02

I've been doing my due diligence on CELTA courses in Thailand, but I wanted to see if anyone had a specific recommendation for one school or another. IH seems to be at the top of most lists, however, if I can't get in (due to lack of space), is there another school I should be looking to? Thanks!

Brent

#1 Travelguy76 has been a member since 4/6/2013. Location: Global Village. Posts: 20

Posted by SBE on 6/6/2013 at 12:54

Can't recommend any particular school but if you don't get any replies here you could try asking on the forum on this site.

http://www.ajarn.com/

You could also have a look at the teaching jobs advertised on Ajarn.com if you're planning on working in Thailand afterwards. Better paid jobs quite often specify which Celta/Tefl course qualifications they accept... might be a pointer to what the best courses are!

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by Travelguy76 on 7/6/2013 at 01:09

Thanks! Much appreciated....the plan is to get a CELTA certification, and continue on teaching somewhere in thailand. I have a bachelors and masters degree, and I'd like to have the best options available when it comes to job hunting. I've seen some courses advertised that seem a little shady, so I thought it best to obtain the most respected certification I can.

B

#3 Travelguy76 has been a member since 4/6/2013. Location: Global Village. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.