Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

New Years Eve in Thailand

Posted by ceisel23 on 7/7/2007 at 01:54

Hello all! A friend and I are planning a 2-3 week trip to Thailand, we plan to arrive in Bangkok December 27 or so. Since we are spending New Year's Eve there, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good place to spend the holiday. We're in our late 20s, enjoy socializing, but not neccessarily in that "crazy party" backpacker place we were in our early 20s. Still, I wouldn't mind encountering crazy festivites. I scuba dive, so woud like to make it to the islands, but also want to hike and check out other sights. Any suggestions for our itinerary would be great. Thanks!

#1 ceisel23 has been a member since 7/7/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/7/2007 at 20:03 admin

Bangkok has lots of options come New Years. The fireworks over the river (and across the city for that matter) are amazing -- so you may want to start the evening with a river cruise, or dinner at one of the city's many seafood restaurants. Later in the evening, Silom Soi 4 is a very popular area for its many bars attracting a mixed Thai/western crowd. Khao San Rd is another very popular area for the late-nighters.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.