Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Do I really need an onward ticket?

Posted by NowhereMan on 8/7/2013 at 10:01

Hey folks... So I bought my one way ticket to BKK, and plan on staying a while ( teaching english ). Do I really need to get an onward ticket, and if so, should I just buy some cheap flight to wherever and eat the cost? I have a non immigrant B visa, so I'm hoping that immigration will look favorably upon me; I just don't want the hassle of getting turned back or having to book a flight at the airport once I touch down. Thanks!

Brent

#1 NowhereMan has been a member since 6/7/2013. Location: Global Village. Posts: 17
 Send NowhereMan a private message 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 8/7/2013 at 10:27

No you don't. With a Visa you'll be fine. Immigration don't much care. Some tourists book 1 way without return ticket and only the airlines worry about it. Thai immigration and customs are usually real quick. Don Muang hardly even check bags and being quiet it's real quick to go thru. Sirwunnapoomi takes a little longer with the major airlines flying there.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by NowhereMan on 8/7/2013 at 10:51

Great. Thanks Leonard!

#3 NowhereMan has been a member since 6/7/2013. Location: Global Village. Posts: 17
 Send NowhereMan a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.