Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Recommended accomodation near khao san road

Posted by Hazza88 on 11/7/2013 at 06:32

Im flying into bangkok on the 21st of july and would like to book a hostel/guesthouse for the first couple of nights until i get my bearings. Im looking for somewhere a little quieter but near khao san road that will still enable me to meet people easily. Looking for somewhere that has private single rooms available and needs to have a/c! Would appreciate any recommendations that people may have :)

#1 Hazza88 has been a member since 11/7/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by 9preciousGems on 11/7/2013 at 06:34

Rambuturi Village Inn is a solid choice that fits all those criteria.

#2 9preciousGems has been a member since 13/1/2011. Posts: 82

Posted by adammcintyre on 12/7/2013 at 03:50

There are plenty of places on Khao San itself perfect if you're looking to meet people / party as they're packed with backpackers.

I stayed in various hostels on Khoa San and had a ball partying with different people every night.

You need to get there before 11am though as most of them fill up pretty quickly and you probably won't get a good night's sleep as the bars in the area pump out music until the wee hours.

#3 adammcintyre has been a member since 4/7/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 53
 Send adammcintyre a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by exacto on 13/7/2013 at 11:58

Have a look at the listing for Thai Cozy House too. It's near Khao San Road and comes recommended. They take reservations and have a 24-hour reception desk.

It might not be as easy to meet people there as at Rambuturi, but it will put you nearby everything in a nice room for a good price. Let us know where you wind up staying and how you liked it (or not). Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.