Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Good food on Ko Yao Noi?

Posted by daydreamfarmer on 17/7/2013 at 14:03

Does anyone have any recommendations on good places to eat or what the local specialties are to look for? I prefer local mom and pop places over fancy spots.

I appreciate any of your insights.

Thanks

#1 daydreamfarmer has been a member since 22/3/2013. Posts: 26

Posted by daydreamfarmer on 19/7/2013 at 08:23

It looks like I stumped the forum.

#2 daydreamfarmer has been a member since 22/3/2013. Posts: 26

Posted by tezza on 20/7/2013 at 05:36

On one of my visits to the island I stayed in a budget bungalow at Lamsai Seafood in the south-east of the island. Nothing flash about this place but I noticed each night, even though I was the only staying guest, there was a good crowd of tourists and locals in the restaurant. I'm no gourmet but things tasted pretty good to me. The fact that there were fish pens out front suggests stuff is pretty fresh.
The elevated restaurant has glorious views of Yao Yai to the south, best before sunset.
Other places? Well I don't seek dining experiences - but I've always been pleased with the fare humble bungalow restaurants can dish up.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by daydreamfarmer on 22/7/2013 at 14:01

Thanks for the reply tezza, I'll have to give it a try. Like I mentioned I'm not into formal dining either. I usually stick to street food or stalls along with the guesthouse option. I just wanted to get an idea where the good spots might be.

Thanks again.

#4 daydreamfarmer has been a member since 22/3/2013. Posts: 26

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.