Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang - immigrations and transfer time?

Posted by Arundhati_S on 18/7/2013 at 01:32

Our family is traveling to South East Asia this December and we land at the Suvarnabhumi airport at about 2am from India. We then have a flight to Krabi from the Don Muang airport at 6:40am. I had a couple of questions about that:

1. Is about 3 1/2 hours enough time to go through immigrations at Suvarnabhumi and travel to DMK in time to check-in? As I understand it, its more than 45kms. But I assume it should be faster at that time of night.

2. How should we travel between the two? If we travel by taxi, how much would it come to if the airport surcharge and night charges (if any) are included?

Thank you already!

#1 Arundhati_S has been a member since 18/7/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 18/7/2013 at 04:48 TF writer

You'll miss the free shuttle as it runs only from 05:00 to midnight, and as the other buses don't run at that hour either, it looks like taxi will be the only option. The drive should take only about 30 to 40 minutes because traffic should be nonexistent at that hour. The cost will be around 300-400 Baht, not including tolls and the airport surcharge. I've never tried it at 02:00 in the morning, but normally I avoid the airport surcharge by catching a taxi outside of the 4th (departures) floor rather than at the official taxi stand -- never had a problem there. In any case, be sure the taxi turns on the meter.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,171
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.