Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Help Needed With Honeymoon Planning

Posted by marshalmissy on 22/7/2013 at 19:12

I'm going on my honeymoon late March 2014. I'll have 12 days and will start in BKK. I'm thinking a few days in Bangkok is all I need, but not sure where to go from there. My priorities, in order, are:

1. good food (not fancy food, just good local food)
2. culture (temples, cooking class) & sightseeing (food markets, shopping)
3. outdoor activities (snorkel, kayak, beach). I'm not looking for a party or club scene, nothing too commercial or touristy, but don't mind live shows such as Thai boxing or dance.

I was thinking a good itinerary may be Bangkok-Chaing Mai-Koh Chang. Now the question is once I fly into BKK, should I go to Chaing Mai and then to Koh Chang, or vice versa. I'll also need to figure out how to get to these locations. Taking a train from BKK to Chaing Mai sounds reasonable--that was we can see some of the country side along the way. Anyone have any transportation suggestions for me? I'm open to trains, buses, planes, river cruise, etc.

If you feel like there is another island or beach I should consider, please let me know and your reasons for suggesting it. :-) This is probably going to be a once in a lifetime trip for us and I'd like to do everything I can to soak the country up.

Any input will be appreciated and thanks for reading my post!

#1 marshalmissy has been a member since 23/7/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 22/7/2013 at 19:57

It's a honeymoon right? Then go stay at a nice resort on an island and do what honeymooners do. Koh Chang is a good choice. Either fly to Trat or book a bus/ferry combo from Bangkok hotel. Done.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.