Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

somewhere quiet for Christmas

Posted by justlikethis on 24/7/2013 at 19:11

Me and my girlfriend are travelling around south east Asia and for Christmas we want to be in Thailand somewhere in the south perhaps on the islands and we want somewhere where we can just relax and enjoy a calm and quiet Christmas. If anyone has any advice as to where our best bet would be please share with me! Thanks

#1 justlikethis has been a member since 24/7/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 24/7/2013 at 22:34 TF writer

Here's some ideas:

Thai islands to lose yourself on

Thai islands for nature lovers

Other low key islands include Ko Phayam, Ko Jum, Ko Si Boya and Ko Yao Yai / Noi.

If you want to experience three very different (but all great) islands, I recommend doing a triangle from Ko Bulon Lae to Ko Lipe (could day trip or overnight on Ko Adang / Ko Rawi from Lipe) and onto Ko Tarutao.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,185
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 25/7/2013 at 20:55

I would pick Lanta. It's not busy but not dead quiet either. You'll be able to do a boat trip to the Trang islands also. Kantiang Bay is a good area to stay in - southern end of the island.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.