Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Itinerary help

Posted by Zach on 1/8/2013 at 10:35

Hi there!

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Thailand this coming February and it would be of great help if anyone could give some advice as to where to go.

We will travel for 2 - 3 weeks on a student's budget, however would like to splurge for a few nights in a beach resort.

Despite us both being active individuals, we would like the holiday to be relaxing and largely beach based.

I know there's a LOT to do and see in Thailand, however I've always preferred spending at least a few days in places and being able to get a feel for them rather than being constantly on the move and unsettled.

So I guess the perfect Thai holiday for us will consist of beautiful beaches, a lot of relaxing, a chunk of partying and perhaps a touch of culture... Oh and maybe some romance for good measure.

Cool.. Can anyone plot our route through Thailand considering the above?

Thanks so much!!!
Cheers

#1 Zach has been a member since 1/8/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 1/8/2013 at 10:42

Thailand has many islands. Did you read the reviews on this site?

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by Zach on 1/8/2013 at 10:58

Yes many, many islands! Hence why I thought I'd give some of the characteristics we're looking for in our holiday and hope that someone may narrow down the options.

#3 Zach has been a member since 1/8/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 1/8/2013 at 11:12

You said relaxing so perhaps islands like Chang, Lanta but they are far apart.

Depends which airport you are flying into.

Many go Phuket=Phi Phi-Krabi-Lanta

Or you could go to Chang/Wai/Maak/Kood

Or Samui/KPN/Tao

Or Trangs islands like Mook/Ngai/Kradan or even head out to Lipe.

Up to you. There's no real bad option.

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.