Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

BANGKOK-

Posted by evacondes on 17/7/2007 at 18:10

Hi again,
does anyone know the guest house called Bangkok house?
It's placed at 210 soi samsen 1 phranakorn bangkok.
Is it in a good area? Is it near the centre?
Thanks.
E.

#1 evacondes has been a member since 17/7/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by Guernseystu on 24/7/2007 at 00:22

I'm sorry but I don't know where that Guest House is but I do know Bangkok quite well.

There is no actual 'centre' to Bangkok so I will assume that you want to know if it is near Khao San Road with all of the backpacker hovels, The Grand Palace, Wat Pho and the Chao Phraya River. The answer is yes. Is it in a good area? Debatable, but you probably won't find cheaper accommodation anywhere else.

#2 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by Tilapia on 24/7/2007 at 02:31

I know it. Samsen Soi 1 is very close to Klong Banglamphoo (Banglamphoo Canal). From the top of KSR (at the police station and across the road from the temple), turn right and walk north along Chakhraphong, through the intersection at Phra Athit, over the canal, and then turn left onto Soi 1. It is signed. Don't take the pathway that runs along the river because that is not Soi 1. Odd numbered roadways leading off Samsen are on the Chao Phraya River side of the road (the west side).

I agree ... it IS a good area. Close to the river, walking distance to the main temples, etc., and some great spots to eat.

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,495
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.