Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Medical, Cosmetic, and Dental Work in Thailand

Posted by yippie65 on 4/8/2013 at 04:21

Some excellent medical and dental deals now being offered by the TAT for a few months, through the end of October this year.

A lot of cosmetic surgery specials, and also some excellent spa and hotel deals.

Thought some of you might like to know.

Well worth a look at: www.FindYourFabulousThailand.com

#1 yippie65 has been a member since 12/5/2011. Posts: 27

Posted by slightlychilled on 4/8/2013 at 05:22

We are all too perfect to need any of that wink.gif

#2 slightlychilled has been a member since 3/2/2013. Posts: 11
 Send slightlychilled a private message 

Posted by captainbkk on 4/8/2013 at 05:24

For good notice;
The TAT does NOT offer ANYthing in medicals. They only advertise/run some advertising about the wonders of having medical or other style treatments in TH-ALL done by private hospitals, doctors. etc.Plus that I really wonder why yippie even takes the time to post this on what is about the last young kids bekpek-forum for travel to SEA.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 4/8/2013 at 10:51

Dentists are cheap 12 mths of the year in Thailand. Only costs 600-800 baht for a filling.

No need to book anything thru scam websites. Just turn up.

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by Blackartemis on 4/8/2013 at 20:28

Agree with LeonardCohen1, read a local forum like Thaivisa for reviews on doctors, clinics etc, and get the work done. Dental is ungodly cheap here and many of the dentists and doctors are trained in countries like the US, England, Germany, Australia, etc.

My professor from the US runs a study abroad program here and one year when to the dental hospital, yes a full hospital dedicated to dentistry, and had gum grafting done. The money saved was enough to cover his and his wife's round trip tickets.

The only thing that is not cheap is quality dental implants as they have to be imported, the same would be for other implants such as artificial knees.

#5 Blackartemis has been a member since 16/7/2011. Posts: 36

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/8/2013 at 00:14

Fillings (and cleanings) cost 500b at most Chiang Mai dental clinics. No need to look for some special promo deal. TAT is a complete waste of time.

#6 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Posted by sayadian on 5/8/2013 at 09:01

I know the title refers to Thailand but I can also reccommend dental work in Cambodia. $8 for a broken amalgam filling to be replaced with a nice white cosmetic one. It's still there after two years. Bridge work including root canal work for four teeth $500. A lot of the dentists are trained in France.

#7 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by wanderer143 on 4/10/2016 at 22:25

Nice one! Well several reputable medical and dental places do offer deals this season. Thantakit Dental located in Bangkok has special payment plans for Australians and flexible payment schemes for those who are on a dental holiday. I was also able to avail of their 10% discount for cash payments. Don't want to get ripped off and also want first class experience so I always consider going to the best in terms of dental and healthcare needs. Now I'm very interested in those hotels and spa deals you're speaking of! :)

#8 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 50

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.