Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Live aboard Phuket

Posted by boaby on 7/8/2013 at 17:04

I would like to do a live aboard from Phuket. With view to doing Burma banks Any recommendations ?

Safe travels boaby

#1 boaby has been a member since 26/1/2011. Posts: 40

Posted by swag on 10/8/2013 at 01:55

Hi there, there will be live aboard's running from Phuket. They will probably go via the Similan Islands up towards Burma.

Personally I think you would be better off price wise leaving from Ranong further up the coast. You will then be able to see some of the Similans and then head up to the Banks.

I have dived the Similans and it is first class and have only heard good reports about the Burma Banks.

Cheers

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by christof on 10/8/2013 at 02:48

Yes. Liveaboards go from Phuket & Khao Lak to Similan Islands and Burma.

However, Burma trips from Phuket & Khao Lak are likely to be long trips 5+ days. For shorter trips then better to go from Ranong - company that springs to mind is Smiling Seahorse (no afilliation).

Also, I have heard from divers that Burma has had a lot of blast fishing and in some places there are very few fish because of this, Apparently the macro is very good and different to Thailand.

Other options for you could be to look into visiting the Surin Islands or Richelieu Rock - which is still striking.

Good luck

#3 christof has been a member since 23/7/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 55
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.