Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Expired Antibiotics Sold in Pai

Posted by travelfisher on 15/8/2013 at 06:40

Hi there, for your information: Drugstore next to Duang restaurant and Government Savings Bank office in Pai - it's "main corner" of "walking street" there, bank has pink board- sells expired antibiotic (Dicloxilin in my case, expired Dicloxilin can cause kidney damage)- expiry date is 20.02.13, so it's been 6 month since it actually expired. I was stupid enough to trust "pharmacist" there, so it came out after I took a course that didn't work, and came back to get some more- and checked exp date. "Pharmacist" claims "it's ok to take it, but not later then one year after expiry"- which gives the idea of what is actually going on there. Please, beware of this "pharmacist" and be healthy. Kap =)

#1 travelfisher has been a member since 15/8/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 15/8/2013 at 10:56

Not sure that hippies who do pot care about their health that much.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by Captain_Bob on 15/8/2013 at 11:32

In addition to singling out this specific pharmacy, I'd say check expiration dates on all pharmaceuticals before paying, especially in a "developing" country ;-)

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,891

Posted by travelfisher on 15/8/2013 at 20:37

Sure thing, Captain- this case reminded me to be careful, hopefully I won't have to pay too much- health and money-wise - for this short instance of "trust", that was facilitated by my feverous condition.

#4 travelfisher has been a member since 15/8/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by travelfisher on 15/8/2013 at 20:44

And one more thing- discussing it with denizens here, came out I just went to wrong place- pretty much everybody told me I should have gone to pharmacy "next to main market, opposite new 7/11", that I eventually visited- chemist there is much more of a chemist, and speaks decent English too. She was extremely surprised somebody sold me expired antibiotics.
Be healthy, everybody.

#5 travelfisher has been a member since 15/8/2013. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.