Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

How to get to Ayutthaya from Bangkok

Posted by dore536 on 26/9/2013 at 09:14

Hi everybody,
I would like to reach Ayutthaya from Bangkok by boat in the afternoon and to come back 2 days later by train (or the other way round).
Does anyone have a website link where I can see prices/timetable to eventually book 1 way? or does anyone know if there is a "public" boat service which links Bangkok-Ayutthaya, in the way to avoid the classical trips organized by travel agencies (train + boat) to be more independent?
Thanx in advance :)

#1 dore536 has been a member since 26/9/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by DLuek on 27/9/2013 at 09:37 TF writer

There are no public boats. There's a 'tourist boat cruise' type of thing from Ayutthaya to River City shopping center in Bangkok. When I checked around nine months ago it left Ayutthaya at noon, took 2.5 hours and cost 1,250 baht per person -- pretty steep if you ask me. I assume you can catch it both ways though I've never inquired about it in Bangkok.

Otherwise it's train from Hualamphong (or Bang Sue or Don Muang), regular bus from Morchit or minibus from Victory Monument. Of those my preference would be bus from Morchit because it's cheap, comfortable and reliable. I tried the train once and it took like four hours (train was late - as usual - and it just takes longer b/c it's slow and starts from a lot further south in Bangkok). Minibus is fast but cramped. More info here:

https://www.travelfish.org/transport/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/ayutthaya/ayutthaya/all

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,176
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.