Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

rough itinerary

Posted by ricardo4 on 27/9/2013 at 01:13

Hi, ive made a rough (very rough) itinerary for my trip to thailand in jan/feb

Day 1 - arrive in bkk, spend maybe 3 days their sightseeing, enjoying the nightlife. Im sure ive read that their is a night river cruise, how do i go about finding it and how much roughly?

Day 4 - travel to kanchanburi, to see the river kwai and stay on the floating hotels, are they expensive? And what is the best way to get their from bkk?

Day 6 - this is where im stuck as i want to spend the last 10 days in krabi and koh lanta so where is the best place to stay for 3/4 days on the way to krabi, maybe half way as i know its about a 12 hour journey from kanchanburi to krabi? So any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Day 10 - Krabi, want to spend 5 days here to relax, where in krabi is a decent place not to expensive tho but near the beach?

Day 15 - Koh Lanta, just want a relaxing beach with some bar? If anyone knows sonewhere else then im open to ideas! How do you get to koh lanta from krabi?

Day 20 - head back to bangkok, maybe 1 last night in bkk, whats the best way to get back without flying!

Sorry theirs so many questions but im open to everyones ideas and advi

#1 ricardo4 has been a member since 7/3/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25

Posted by adammont on 27/9/2013 at 04:47

Hi Ricardo,

2 years ago me and my gf spent 3 days in bangkok, headed to kanchanaburi by private mini bus then headed south to koh samui side.

We got a public bus from Kanchanaburi to Ratchaburi where we got the overnight train south to Chumpon and stayed there for a few days before island hopping. It was fun and an easy way to travel. We got a bit lost in ratchaburi but it was fun! Chumpon is a bit of a city, but we just chilled out in beach bungalows and had BBQs and lazed by the pool!

We are heading back to thailand again in Jan 2014 and flyinh from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (spend a week here) and then fly to phuket. Getting to Koh Lanta by ferry seems to be easy enough from either Phuket or Krabi and is something that you can just arrange a few days in advance once your in Krabi.

I have considered a few places to just relax by the beach where there will also be some nightlife, and have decided on Koh Lanta too!

Gettin back to Bankok, i would say the easiest would be to travel overland (maybe ferry back to Krabi) to Surat Thani and get the overnight train back to bangkok!

Hope this helps and anything ive missed im sure some1 else will help you with!

Adam

#2 adammont has been a member since 6/4/2011. Posts: 21

Posted by amnicoll on 27/9/2013 at 05:50

Best way to Kanchanaburi is train but there are not many. Easiest way is bus (southern bus terminal) mini van (Victory monument) both very frequent.

Suggest you get guide book and read up on the places between Kanchanaburi and Krabi as no idea what might be of interest - there are many places worth visiting and plenty of buses

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 686

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 27/9/2013 at 11:51

Don't need a guidebook. Just go to Prachuap. Very nice beach town with awesome seafood. Best seafood in the country and dirt cheap. 3 nights is perfect.

#4 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by amnicoll on 28/9/2013 at 04:35

whilst they may not NEED a guide book if they want to look at options then this is by far the best as they give no indication as to what they are looking for.

#5 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 686

Posted by ricardo4 on 29/9/2013 at 20:12

Hi Adam, thanks for all the info, its all really helpful! I shall take a look at Ratchanburi, maybe stop their on the way to krabi!

Amnicoll i think il get the bus that you mentioned, thanks for all your help!

Rich

#6 ricardo4 has been a member since 7/3/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25

Posted by amnicoll on 30/9/2013 at 04:37

Petchaburi to me has more to offer that Ratchaburi

#7 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 686

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.